When someone says that they have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, the first thing that may come to mind is that they are dealing with a tremendous amount of pain on a daily basis. While this is true and can extremely disabling, another issue that can bring distress to fibromyalgia sufferers is that of cognitive problems. This is referred to as brain fog or fibro fog. It can include:
- Forgetting important dates, appointments, and general information
- Feeling disoriented
- Feeling confused
Sleep issues and extreme tiredness also accompany fibromyalgia. There is a possible connection between all of these symptoms and a lack of blood flowing to and from the brain. Is there anything a person can do to help in this area?
Increasing Blood Flow in Fibromyalgia Patients
- Eating well provides the brain with vitamins and minerals and assist in brain function.
- Eliminating caffeine because it interferes with sleep.
- Exercise, while difficult due to pain, can help improve blood flow. Doing something light and low- impact on a daily basis can be quite beneficial
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and Fibromyalgia download our complimentary e-book by clicking the image below.
- Have a good routine. For example, always putting the keys in the same place helps a person remember where they are.
- Rely on a planner or to-do list for daily tasks. This will help a person remember what needs to be accomplished.
Fibromyalgia Helped by Upper Cervical Chiropractic
Often, the symptoms of fibromyalgia can be linked to a misalignment of one of the bones of the upper neck vertebrae, the C1 (atlas) or C2 (axis). This type of misalignment can restrict blood flow to and from the brain. It can also cause the body not to communicate proper signals to the brain. Once corrected, patients often report a decrease in fibromyalgia pain and brain fog. This is a natural, gentle, effective procedure that does not require popping or twisting the spine or use of medication. Positive results abound in case studies.
To schedule a complimentary consultation call 425-437-9974 or just click the button below.