The following are 5 instant benefits to exercising:
Boost Productivity & Brain power
- a. Clinical Neurophysiology published research: 20 min of moderate exercise immediately increases attention and cognitive ability.
- Amplified Focus lasts up to an hour
Make Healthy Connections
- a. Having strong social ties can pay off in significant health benefits (like lower blood pressure, fewer colds, and lower rates of mental illness, suicide, and alcoholism)
- A recent study found that those who work out are perceived by others to be more friendly, outgoing, personable, kind, and even more attractive than those who don’t.
- Increased heart rate = increased blood flow that circulates to the surface of your skin = Glowing and Hydrated
Have hotter Sex
- A study published in The Journal of Sexual Medicine found that women who completed a 20-minute treadmill run…Increased blood flow = increased physical arousal
- Only lasts 30 minutes
Get Better Sleep
- 2011 study, Engaging in moderately intense exercise for a total of 150 minutes a week (that’s 30 minutes a day, five days a week) = fall asleep faster and less fatigue during daylight hours.
- Lowers stress and anxiety allowing for more peaceful sleep. Note: late night physical activity may hurt quality of sleep.
Yours in Wellness,
Dr. Justin Schallmann, DC